Every pet needs a packing list!
Every passionate traveler needs a packing list -both human and canine!
Here's what we always pack for our pets - and sometimes I think we put more effort in making sure their suitcase is in order before our own! Such is the life of a pampered pooch!
- Plenty of food in a sturdy collapsible bag, plus food scoop.
- Collapsible food and water dishes.
- Gulpy water bottle for walks.
- Extra water in the car for long road trips.
- Collar with identification tags.
- Leash and back up leash.
- Clean up bags.
- Favourite toy - as the ultimate reward and comfort item.
- "Okay" level toy - we bring his 3rd or 4th favourite. Enough of a treat for a distraction, not enough to make him hyper and excited.
- Spiked "anchor" to twist into the ground at the campground to attach a leash to.
- Plastic coated cable to attach to the anchor to give your dog more running length instead of a leash.
- Bed or blanket.
- Vaccination records.
- A list of canine resources in the area (veterinarians, pet hotels, specialty shops).
- Medication and other special health products.
- First aid kit.
- Specialized equipment, if required (a life jacket, a winter coat)
- Dog friendly bug spray and sunscreen.
- A backpack to put it all in!
As always, I welcome and encourage your comments. Is there anything else I should add to the list?
If you enjoyed this article, you'll also like:
Anywhere in the World With Carry-on: My Packing List
CoffeeCan Cuisine: My 5 Favorite Spice Mixes
Making the Case for Carry-on